Wednesday, November 21, 2007

D & Me

So, I just had a very weird conversation with my mother about boys.

After my fitful experience a couple of weekends ago, I discovered a new guy, named Dwight.

He is the sweetest thing I have known in a long time. Yes, he is as young as a summertime wine, but he is more mature than me in many ways. (In other words, age is overrated, even if I do like them while they can still locate their high school diplomas.)

Now, back to mother.

Mom asked me, "Do you like boys?"

With my mouth agape, I said, "Why do you ask that?"

"Well, I saw you and that new guy at a shop." (FYI: I didn't see mom there, so I was oblivious.)

I stalled, "So?"

"Usually having your hand on a guy's butt means that you're more than poker buddies."

I almost fainted, but I kept my chin held high, almost certain of the wrath that was about to ensue; however, I was surprised.

"He's the prettiest boy I've seen you with," she went on. "He seems to be a very nice guy."

I am still stunned by this most awkward mom-son conversation!

She is inclined to have him over for Thanksgiving dinner. (YIKES!)

No comments: