Monday, November 12, 2007

"Apologize"

A friend told me that the song "Apologize," by OneRepublic, was written just for me by a former boyfriend. Apparently, I am a sadistic force in the lives of those around me. I admit that I am toxic in a relationship. I start off strong, but then it just falls apart. I am a very loving, giving individual, in the beginning. Sometimes those around me try too hard to please, which I can find as a turn-off, but at the same time erotic. I suppose I am one of those guys who gets bored in a relationship and moves on after a while. Maybe that is my curse. Also, the same friend tells me that I should try dating older guys, instead of the young ones I love so much. I appreciate their unpredictability and youthfulness. I'll always have a younger man at my side. I'll be 86 with a 22-year-old beautiful boy on my arm. Who cares if it is strictly a financial arrangement? That's okay with me. What marriage isn't, after all? I'll leave everything to my little gold digger! He'll have earned it.

(And, yes, I do apologize a lot!)

I'm holding on your rope,
Got me ten feet off the ground
I'm hearing what you say, but I just can't make a sound
You tell me that you need me
Then you go and cut me down, but wait
You tell me that you're sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around, and say

It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late

I'd take another chance, take a fall
Take a shot for you
And I need you like a heart needs a beat
But it's nothing new,
I loved you with a fire red
Now it's turning blue, and you say
"Sorry" like the angel heaven let me think was you
But I'm afraid

It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late

It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late
It's too late to apologize, yeah
I said it's too late to apologize, yeah
I'm holding on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground

No comments: