Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Other Kentucky Elections

It would seem that the Kentucky electorate is splitting a bit between the political parties. Although, Democrats have won most state offices, there are two that remain in Republican hands. Those are the offices of Secretary of State and Commissioner of Agriculture.

The one I want to comment on most is the office of Commissioner of Agriculture. Currently, this office is held by Richie Farmer. Farmer's singular claim to fame is that once upon a time he was a star player for the University of Kentucky's basketball program.

That's a great qualification, right?

Apparently, that is enough to get you a state office. I wonder if they would even be willing to look at his real qualifications? Luckily this office is minimal; otherwise, I'd be really upset about it.
_________________________________________________

Governor's Race:

With all of Kentucky's 120 counties' precincts reporting, except forty of them, Beshear's victory is at 60%.

No comments: