Saturday, October 06, 2007

Victor & Nikki are in 'Splitsville' again

After I started watching Y&R again, I find myself needing to share some of my ideas about the show.

On yesterday's installment, Victor and Nikki agreed to call it quits again, for the third time.

Nikki came over to the Ranch to meet with Victor about how he secretly owned the mineral rights to Clear Springs, which is a project she has been working on in recent months.

As part owner of Newman Enterprises, Nikki used her capital to secure loans to invest in the project. Instead of helping her with the investment, however, Victor has been working secretly--and not so secretly--behind the scenes to cause her to fail.

The rather raucous discussion calmed down as they both took a stroll down memory lane. Even with all the sappy talk, Nikki decided that she didn't need someone like Victor to be her "knight in shining armor." Rather, she needed someone to understand and accept her as an individual. She concluded with the fact that their marriage was over.

Victor simply responded, "I'll have the lawyer draw up the papers."

In a previous encounter, at the Athletic Club, Victor foreshadowed Friday's cliff hanger with a self-fulfilling prophesy, as he promised to leave Nikki as he had first met her, which was "with nothing."

But like all their previous break-ups, I believe they'll patch things up and enter into a troubled fourth marriage.

4 comments:

Aryaduta said...

Is this the kind of show that drags you in and never lets go? :-P

King Donald's Stooge said...

Oh yeah! I have been watching it on and off since I was about eight years old. I love it!

Aryaduta said...

Since you were eight years old?! I'm surprised that no one suspected anything sooner! :-P

King Donald's Stooge said...

Yeah, it is kind of funny how no one picked up on that.