Thursday, October 04, 2007

Senator Craig gets rejected

A Hennepin County District Court judge has rejected the motion, on behalf of Senator Larry Craig (R-ID), to withdraw the senator's guilty plea.

As a result, the original guilty plea and sentencing, stemming from his attempted hanky-panky in a Minnesota airport gents' room, will stand. The judge stated that Senator Craig "knew what he was saying, reading and signing."

Now it remains to be seen whether or not Craig will resign his seat in the United States Senate. Since he missed his first self-imposed deadline to resign, he might decide to stick out his original term of office.

If you visit the the poor guy's official website, you see that it is littered with information about his infamous misdeed. I think if I were in his position, I'd find some more things to put up on my website, such as my accomplishments. (Let's focus on the good times, not my time in the toilet [pardon the pun].)

2 comments:

Aryaduta said...

You and your puns! :-P

In my opinion, the guiltier that an individual is, the harder that he will deny the crime.

Or, putting it in another way, the more anti-gay that an individual is, the more likely that they're closet homosexuals themselves.

I think Senator Craig knows that the jig is up.

King Donald's Stooge said...

As you can tell, I do enjoy puns. Ha! Ha!

I remember what it was like to be a closeted homosexual. I felt like everyone around me knew it, although. Of course, it was simple paranoia. I was a harsh critic of the gay world. I am ashamed to admit it, but I was rather outspoken. But it was only to protect my own secret.

I believe that Senator Craig is in a similar state of denial.