Monday, October 01, 2007

Dow Soars to New Record

The Dow soared to set a new record today, at 14,087.55. The last time it was in this territory was in July.

This translates into happy news for my stock portfolio, which has suffered over the past two months, with the market's belly flops and general disgust for good taste.

Even though, financial powerhouses UBS Aktiengesellschaft (UBS) and Citigroup (C) have issued third-quarter profit warnings, they also indicated that their stock would return to normal earnings levels. Luckily, I do not own any of these companies.

It would appear as if MasterCard Inc. (MA), on the other hand, is going to have a rather strong third quarter, which is lucky for me. I have almost 70% of my portfolio tied to this single stock!

(Yikes! I know.)

1 comment:

Aryaduta said...

I remember when the Dow broke 14,000 for the first time earlier this summer. My father owns several stocks as well, so he's always keeping an eye on the stock market's performance.

It seems like you'll be doing quite well for yourself! Maybe you can have Mr. Haagen Dasz over again to help you celebrate. ;-)