Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I'm not a trophy wife

Being twenty-four years younger than her husband hasn't jaded one woman's belief that she is not a trophy wife.

Jeri Kehn Thompson, who is married to former Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson (R), told People magazine that she met her husband at a grocery store in Nashville in 1996. Apparently, he was treating himself to a hearty meal of beanie weanies and a tuna fish sandwich. (This whole story sounds fishy to me). After Fred Thompson carried her groceries to the car, she invited him to a party.

And the rest is history, as they say.

I suppose it is possible for a woman (or cute guy), who is only a generation younger, to fall in love with an older, more mature man. It is probably more likely to happen, however, after you run a credit check on the person. Having a high FICO score is certainly an incentive toward making a seemingly otherwise awkward relationship work.

(Don't get me wrong, though. I adore younger guys.)

4 comments:

Aryaduta said...

Your pun was almost painful; I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! :-P

I've always liked older guys. I find them to be more mature and level-headed. Too many guys my age are still concerned about where the next party is going to be.

Although being goal-oriented and ambitious are great bonuses, I suppose that a high FICO score wouldn't hurt either! :-P

King Donald's Stooge said...

I have found that younger guys keep me feeling young. I can live vicariously through their youth.

And no, a high FICO score certainly never harmed anyone.

Aryaduta said...

I just realized that you're only 28. You're not over the hill yet. You're still a spring chicken! ;-)

King Donald's Stooge said...

Aren't you sweet! Maybe an "old" dog can still learn new tricks.