Saturday, October 06, 2007

"Elizabeth: The Golden Age"

This movie looks so good! I loved the first installment, and never realized there would be a sequel. Cate Blanchett, who plays the Virgin Queen, gives me goose flesh, as I fantasize about the abilities of a woman with unlimited power. It's almost enough to make me turn straight, but if only for a moment.

Elizabeth: The Golden Age will continue the saga of the bastard daughter of King Henry VIII, Elizabeth I, who was never meant to rule England. Elizabeth is forced to confront the great Spanish Armada, which was meant to carry the Inquisition to England and ultimately free it from heresy.

I'm not convinced that Walter Raleigh is as good looking as Lord Robert, however.

13 comments:

Aryaduta said...

Ooh! Nice tagline underneath your blog title. I'd like to see you do that! ;-)

King Donald's Stooge said...

Sir, are you daring??? (Be careful before you answer. You've been warned.)

King Donald's Stooge said...

Wait. Did you see the first movie? It's really good. For a while, I pretended I was Queen Elizabeth I. I just needed my Lord Robert. It's also sad that tonight is Saturday night and I'm all alone! I accept that as part of my destiny also. It happens all too frequently. :o(

Aryaduta said...

Yes, I am daring. I think you're the one that ought to be warned! ;-)

No, I haven't seen the first one yet, but want to! I hear it's fantastic, and didn't Cate Blanchett win an Oscar for her role as Elizabeth in that movie?

Technically, you're not alone. I'm here supposedly writing my paper and chatting with you! Don't accept your destiny; you can fight it! :-)

King Donald's Stooge said...

I like guys who are daring and feisty.

You really should see the first one. I saw it when I was in college. I even bought it on VHS (yeah, I'm old). I made my roommate watch it with me. I cried during parts of it. I guess he found my behavior rather queer.

When the new one comes out later this month, you can take me to see it!

But until then, I'm the old spinster school teacher, who is home alone on a Saturday night. But it's nice to have you for company.

Aryaduta said...

I must say that I like guys who like daring and fiesty guys! ;-)

Awww! Did you really cry during parts of it? Your roommate should have offered to cuddle with you to make you feel better. He might have been a closet case, and things in your room could've gotten interesting! :-P

I'll definitely take you to see the new Elizabeth movie when it comes out! :-)

You're far from being an old spinster! :-)

And it's nice to have your company, too! :-)

Aryaduta said...

I believe the hurricane inside you is merely gas! :-P

It looks like someone is still asleep! ;-)

King Donald's Stooge said...

Take Beano before and there'll "be no" gas.

King Donald's Stooge said...

Yeah, for some reason I was up past my curfew last night. Ha! Ha!

Aryaduta said...

Was it because of little ol' me? ;-)

King Donald's Stooge said...

As a matter of record, yes it was you. Shame on you for taking advantage of me.

Aryaduta said...

I'd like to think that it was the other way around! I think a certain someone - I won't mention names - IMed me first. :-P

King Donald's Stooge said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah! You're trying to assign the blame on someone else. I hear you!