On the heels of Friday's stock market performance (or lack thereof), today's opening saw the market drop yet again. The Federal Reserve was so concerned that they lowered interest rates prior to the American markets opening.
It clearly looks as if our economy is heading into a recession. I know that my personal stocks are taking a beating as I write this post. I talked to my financial advisor and accountant about my situation and my options, this morning. It would turn out their best, sage advice is to weather the storm, instead of entering into a frenzy of selling off stocks from my portfolio, which is precisely what the markets are doing right this second.
I believe that the market will recover, eventually; however, I am not sure how much of my financial interests will successfully weather this impending hurricane of economic woes. The markets in 2007 were some of the best in recent memory. I made great gains in my personal financial position. Now, looking at the tickers, I feel like the rug is quickly coming out from beneath me.
I'm afraid President Bush's economic relief package is way too little to stimulate the economy. It must be the primary mission of the United States Congress to craft a plan that will at least give our economy a swift, decisive kick in the rear.
No comments:
Post a Comment