Friday, January 18, 2008

Obama loves Ronald Reagan

Barack Obama made one of the biggest gaffes a Democratic candidate can make, he equated himself with Ronald Reagan, as if the Republican candidates are not doing it enough already!

Obama said, "I think Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not and in a way that Bill Clinton did not." If Senator Obama loves Ronald Reagan so much, then he should change his political affiliation. We all know that Reagan did not love Democrats. Does that make Obama a closeted Republican?

I do not think we want to move back into Reagan-era politics again. The 1980s were more than enough of Reagan's policies and blunders. I suppose Obama has truly run out of Democratic role models to emulate, such as John F. Kennedy, so he is going after some of the big Republican idols now. I wonder who will be next? Maybe he will praise Pat Robertson for his very personal relationship with God, in hopes of garnering the evangelical vote.

I've heard of flip-flopping on issues, but never with your political party. Even George W. Bush was smart enough to know you "don't switch horses in mid-stream." It stands to reason that Obama does not want to switch political parties in the middle of an election, or so I think.

No comments: