After ten days of living together, I am working through some of the quirks of sharing my space with someone else. The first thing, I suppose, I must overcome is the fact it is not simply my space anymore.
Earlier today, Dwight was watching a basketball game on television. I detest sports (usually). I never played them as a child. I am anything but athletic. He asked me to watch it with him. At first, I told him, "Nah, I don't care for that sort of thing." I was in the kitchen doing something before I walked back into the living room. He was sitting there all alone. I thought to myself, "Would it kill you to watch the game with him?"
I took a drink with me as a peace offering. I handed it to him and then sat down next to him. Watching the game wasn't as bad as I had originally predicted. Unlike most guys, he wanted to tell me everything that was going on in the game. Also, we talked about other things than the game. He is easily distracted!
In the post-game analysis, I entered a part of his world and spent time with him doing something he enjoys. It's not so bad...just the sports part!
No comments:
Post a Comment