After last night's upset victory in New Hampshire, Hillary Clinton has proven she has the "right stuff" to win elections. In a time when all political pundits had written her off for lost, she came back and shocked the world by knocking Obama off of his pedestal!
What happened?
Most people talk about change and they like to be associated with the popular people. When you are standing in a crowd of people you may agree with the majority about their viewpoints, even if you privately disagree. In particular, I think people were temporarily awe-struck by Obama's charm and relative new arrival on the political scene; however, when people actually stepped into the voting booths, those who were going to previously vote for Obama took a minute to rethink their decision. I have done that before. I have thought long and hard (yes, in a polling booth) about my decision. The results show that the majority of New Hampshire's voters were not so willing to give their consent to an untried candidate for the nation's highest office.
Hillary's win is a testimony to collective sanity and intense soul searching among the voters of New Hampshire.
No comments:
Post a Comment