Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Cialis

I hope someone out there can explain something to me.

It's about those erectile dysfunction commercials; specifically, Cialis. Yes, I understand what it treats and how it works. What I am having trouble with is understanding their advertisement campaign.

"When the time's right, will you be ready?"

That makes perfect sense to me! It's crystal clear, in fact.

But if you take the thirty seconds from your life to watch a Cialis commercial, from start to finish, you see at the end a man and woman, in two separate cast iron bath tubs, which are located outside, with their joined hands swinging freely in the empty space between the tubs.

That part I don't get. What's the symbolism that goes along with the last two seconds of this advertisement?

Usually I'm good at deciphering symbolism, too.

Remember, if you suffer from priapism--an erection lasting more than four hours--seek immediate medical assistance. As this could cause indefinite damage to your pee-pee. (Yes, I'm not a proctologist. Surprise!)

No comments: