People are up in arms that someone--who allegedly committed a crime--is receiving compensation for their job.
An Alabama teacher, who was dismissed for a rape charge, is apparently receiving compensation for his years as a teacher. What is wrong with that?
If I do a job satisfactorily, then I deserve to be compensated for doing it. If I am found guilty of a crime, while on the job, then fire me, but can you legally take away the benefits I have earned up to that point?
The state of Alabama tends to agree with me.
Although, opponents to the law, would strip the former teacher of his rights and benefits, they fail to see the fallacies of their logic.
Let's look at it from a less ominous legal perspective.
If I am driving 80mph in a 50mph speed zone and get caught, I will probably be fined for violating the speed limit, which is set by the state. Up to this point, I have not been charged with a similar criminal action. Some people might be upset that I was driving so recklessly in front of their homes, which is a valid concern. Even though, I have paid for my car, some of the homeowners want the state to take away my car, even though I legally own it.
Absurd, vigilante logic? You bet!
No comments:
Post a Comment