Saturday, December 01, 2007

Dad's Dog

I think I upset dad today when I told him that I wanted to put his dog to "sleep."

He is not even a year old, but he is as big as a bull moose. He is the most obnoxious thing I have ever encountered. Mostly I have a grudge against him because I do not enjoy being around dogs.

Anyhow, I told dad that if he dies before the dog, then the dog is going to be joining him, because he is the only reason the dog lives.

Was I too harsh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, a dog is a product of how it was trained. Just as a small child is. If you reward it when it begs, it begs again. If you allow it to jump on people without disciplining the action, it will jump on people. I think a better method would be to try and train this "Bull-moose" dog and make it a little more of a pet rather than a wild monster. I love dogs, and currently have a female dalmation, and a female black lab. The lab is not even one year old and is a great companion who listens to everything I say. Good luck with your dad's dog.

King Donald's Stooge said...

This dog has no training, but he has my dad trained pretty well. I have never been a fond lover of dogs, however. It is hard for me to tolerate them, unless they are well trained and behaved.

I'm afraid his fate may be sealed.