Saturday, December 29, 2007

"Mmmbop"

Today, I stumbled across something that took me back in time to over ten years ago!

It was the song "MMMbop" by Hanson. When I was a senior in high school (all the way back in 1997), this song was a #1 hit. I remember one day going to my political science class and finding where some freshman had scribbled the song title on my table. I had to ask my friend what it meant. Then I discovered the song for myself. It is a pretty good song, because it is full of energy. I confess I hardly know what they are saying, but that really isn't the point, right?

I can dance to it...or any other activity which requires a lot of energy! (It was the 1990s...a different time.)

"Oh, so hold on to the ones who really care,
In the end they'll be the only ones there.
When you get old and start losing your hair,
Can you tell me who will still care?"

(God, that is so true. Thank you for being wise beyond your years.)

No comments: