Monday, December 24, 2007

Reflection on Life

Alright, today was something special!

Firstly, Dwight decided he wanted to cook us dinner, which he did and it was very good. He refused to let me do a thing, besides set the table (I can do a pretty good table-scape...always with candles).

Secondly, while he was cooking, Tom came to cut my hair (it's rather short now...more than usual, but I like it). Tom left me with something to think about. He said, "Dwight is a delicious dish." (I couldn't agree more; I'm glad he noticed.) Further, he said I am getting on in years (how dare he?), and that I need to set some priorities in my life. He said I should "settle down" and let Dwight make me an "honest woman." (Ha! Ha!)

But he does have a point, really.

As we ate dinner, Dwight kept smiling at me and flashing me those damned eyes of his. They are child-like, large, deep and they tell complete stories simply in a moment's glance. I can't help but love them, and they are the first thing I noticed about him when we met. I could live in them. Back to what I was thinking, though. I kept coming to a conclusion in my mind that even though he is completely brash, which turns me on somehow, I love him. Love is often a dangerous venture, but I am prepared to tackle it. As with most things in my life, I will jump into the deep end and hold my breath until the last possible moment, before I hope I can make it back to the surface for air.

I have resolved myself to a single decision. I am going to ask him to move into my house. I have never asked a guy to do that before. It will be more than nice to have him here on a permanent basis. It will be more like a home, instead of a private asylum. I think he will be open to the idea, and in the end I believe he will accept it. If it doesn't work out, no harm done. It's not like I gave away a kidney.

Right now, he is with his family opening presents. Isn't that adorable? (My family hasn't done presents since I was ten. I envy him and his family.) When he returns I am going to ask him the question!

No comments: