I secretly knew in the back of my mind that John Kerry would pick John Edwards as his running mate for the 2004 presidential election.
After all, Senator Edwards was the candidate that gave Kerry a run for his money in a few of the primary eletions earlier this year. At one point, I wasn't sure that Kerry would keep his lead. I thought that Iowa might have been a fluke of sorts.
I read that this is the first time two senators have run on a ticket since John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson in 1960. Although, that was a few years before my time, I know they barely beat Richard Nixon that year for the presidency. I believe that the Kerry-Edwards ticket can beat the Bush-Cheney ticket too.
I know that when November 2 rolls around in a few months, I'll be voting for a change in our leadership!
No comments:
Post a Comment