Okay...here is the part where my rather liberal ideals come into play--for that I do not apologize.
I read about the reports of people who say that they can't get visibility for protesting and various other activities (who knows). I argue that the security of the individuals attending and directly participating in the Convention are paramount to the needs of those who stand on the fringe of society in their desire to indirectly participate in the activities in Boston.
Firstly, if they were up to legal participation it would not be necessary to keep them on the fringes. Furthermore, I submit that they individuals the say be protesting against are the sitting administration in Washington. They should impede on the fascist policies of King George, not those seeking to turn around America's image and return us to an honorable international course. I believe that the Democratic Convention is so far removed from the atmosphere of disdain and discord in America that we should be listening to what the delegates have to say, rather than try to drown out their voice. Of course, I realize these protestors and trouble-makers are probably Republicans or other right-wing extremists.
I admit that I will not feel this disturbed during the Republican National Convention in New York City next month. Is this hypocrisy? I don't care! But thanks for labeling me a hypocrite...I love that word!
No comments:
Post a Comment