Sunday, June 01, 2008

McCain 2008?

The Democratic Party's rules committee met yesterday to decide the fate of the wayward voters of Florida and Michigan.

Did the committee make some enemies? Yes, it would seem their decision to seat the states' delegates, but limit their votes to one-half struck a chord of dissent with many Clinton supporters in the crowd. They chanted, "Don't steal my vote!" and "Let's go, McCain!"

Will the disillusioned voters of these two states--and around the country--really turn to Republican John McCain as the replacement candidate for Hillary Clinton? I am guilty of saying the same thing in the past. I feel bitter about how the primary season unfolded, but at the same time I am not more bitter about that than I am about the past 7.5 years of limitless Bush-Cheney blunders, which have dug our country into the dark, deep hole of helplessness we currently occupy.

If Barack Obama is the Democratic candidate for president, I will support his campaign. America has a lot more to lose under a third quasi-Bush administration; ergo, John McCain winning the White House in November. Democrats, however, will have to truly reconcile their differences to secure the White House.

Time is still on our side!

No comments: