Barack Obama's campaign has pitched the idea that they can win the general election without the states of Florida or Ohio. I'm not sure if they are up to speed on American history, but Florida cost Vice President Al Gore his bid for the presidency in 2000 by less than 500 votes!
Obama's campaign berated Hillary Clinton for saying she could win the primary election without certain states. Now they are using the Clinton model to say they can win in November. I'm not sure about a group who says one thing and then copies someone else's plan the next minute. He seems to be pinning a lot of his hopes and dreams on states like Georgia. I'm not sure Georgia is going to vote for a Democratic candidate, in the general election, regardless of your skin color.
What's more, Obama is eating a lot of flack for not speaking up on behalf of Michigan primary voters. A Republican attack ad says Obama doesn't care about the voters of Michigan, and it brings up his elitist comments from San Francisco. Can he win without Florida, Ohio and Michigan?
I'm not so sure the Obama campaign can weather many of these storms. I think the voters, during the Democratic primary season, chose rather poorly. Sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment