Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's hard

Since Hillary Clinton is no longer running for president, I have lost my sense of enthusiasm. I was always gung-ho to support her bid for president. I protected her image, defended her positions, and supported her candidacy unconditionally.

Even though, I have followed Hillary's lead to support Barack Obama for the Democratic nominee, and president, I find that I do not have the same pizazz I have for her for him. I don't know why really. I just had my heart set on President Clinton, not President Obama.

I have also said I want her to be his running mate for vice president, but I have changed my mind on this subject. At this time, I hope that she is not Obama's vice president. I believe, honestly, she is too good for his campaign. That may sound conceited and vile, but it is the truth. She invested time, money, sweat, enthusiasm, won 18 million votes (more than him, and any other candidate in history), only to have the finish line seized from her by the media and opportunists in the Democratic Party.

Hillary Clinton should bide her time and resurrect her campaign at a later election. I am not sure if Obama can pull this off in November anyhow. I just feel completely apathetic toward the entire situation.

No comments: