Monday, June 30, 2008

New terrorist attack just in time for November's vote?

Senator Joseph Lieberman (I-CT), former 2000 Democratic vice presidential candidate with Al Gore, who has now turned into a Republican sycophant by supporting Republican Senator John McCain's presidential bid, believes that another terrorist attack may be on the horizon for 2009.

I wonder if he has penciled it in for September 11, 2009? I think it is abhorrent that anyone--Republican, Democrat, Indepenedent--would use unfounded fear to promote their agenda. Lieberman has become a fear-monger in his support of Senator McCain's campaign. He says, "Our enemies will test the new president early." On what is he basing this absurd assessment?

In 2004 and 2006, Republicans pulled out the gay card to play. It worked in 2004, but it backfired in 2006. Now, they're going to play the 9/11 card for this year's general election. Republican candidates, especially McCain, are going to have a very difficult mountain to climb in order to win any elections this year.

No comments: