Saturday, April 05, 2008

Obama or McCain?

I believe that in some form Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama will appear on a presidential ticket for the November general election. It is the only way the Democratic Party can heal the schism that has erupted as a consequence of this primary election season.

Hypothetical.

If Barack Obama were to be cast in the role of the Democratic presidential candidate, would I vote for him? Once upon a time, I said that I would vote for John McCain over Senator Obama in the general election, but I have come to terms with what that would mean for America. I am not thrilled about the consequences.

Even though, Obama may be politically green, he is still a Democrat, with the party's core values as his guiding principles. In such a scenario, I will support Barack Obama for president of the United States.

Furthermore, let me say, Hillary Clinton remains my candidate of choice for president, in November. I have--and will--campaign feverishly for her in Kentucky.

No comments: