Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Obama's fear

What does Barack Obama truly fear?

The answer is quite simple. He fears debating Hillary Clinton. That's why his supporters do not think he should engage in further debates with Senator Clinton. They have been saying it on all of the evening news programs today, as a matter of fact.

Let's get it right. Elections are national conversations. If you are running for the highest office in the land, twenty debates may not be enough, when the electoral process is still alive and running.

Above all else, Senator Obama always looks amateurish when paired with Senator Clinton. I don't blame him at all. I wouldn't want to debate her either, because she has a commanding presence and subtle understanding of the great art of debate. Between his stammering and repetitious, botched answers, there is little for the American voter to digest, when comparing him to Hillary.

Face it, Obama does great when he is on the stump delivering his polished, rehearsed talking points to adoring fans, but when it comes to having an honest, unscripted moment with his opponent--and the American people--he fails miserably.

That's too bad, Senator Obama. I want to have a conversation with my choices for Democratic presidential nominee. I don't want to be talked at, I want to be talked to directly. I want to see you side-by-side with Hillary Clinton. It's the best, move convincing way to see who the candidates really are in this presidential race.

It's fair, it's demanded. No excuses.

No comments: