School today was typical. I was stressed out a bit, which was better than most days. Out of the blue my spirits were lifted. A former student brought me a letter that he had written. He told me the assignment was to write a letter to a favorite teacher from your past. It wasn't anything I expected to receive, I admit.
He told me that he realized he probably bugged me to death, but I was never hateful. The most touching part was when he told me that he appreciated the fact that everyone is equal in my classroom. He said, "You treat everyone the same." That has been something I have worked very hard to achieve. I do believe each person is the same. No one is better because of who his/her family is. That's just how I see it.
It is nice to know that sometimes we do make a difference in someone else's life.
No comments:
Post a Comment