Sunday, April 09, 2006

Meryl Streep, I love you!


If you have watched Meryl Streep's recent movies, to wit: Prime and The Manchurian Candidate, you will have seen my very own mother (not Meryl Streep, perse, but her characters).

In both movies, she plays a doting and overbearing mother who is bent on running the life of her son. That sounds so very reminiscent of my own mother. Her characters even says things and displays body language that gives me chills. I'm like, "Mom, is that you?!" I just love when she uses a bit of motherly advice that is laced with guilt and shame. It works everytime!

Moreover, I have found the actress to portray my mother when they make the movie of my life. You see, Megan Mullally is playing the part of me. So we will have an all-star cast! Megan Mullally and Meryl Streep.

Now, I must cast the parts for my brothers and father. I'll let you know how that turns out!

I wonder if Ina Garten is available? Hmmm....

No comments: