Monday, April 24, 2006

Iran, Iran, Iran

What will we do with Iran? It is now the redheaded step-child of the international community. No one wants to even think about it, much less discipline it.

From what I know, Iran is now the foremost threat to our security. Not just the security of the United States, but that of the entire world. The Middle East is a volatile place. People there hate each other over religious and family issues. Iranian President Ahmadinejad is working hard to bring trouble to his country. His rhetoric is offensive, almost like he is begging for a confrontation with the West.

I am not sure what he means when he says that Iran's nuclear program is irreversible. I suppose he means that the IAEA can go suck a long one, and leave him the hell alone. I imagine the CIA is working overtime in Tehran this evening. It wouldn't surprise me that the United Nations moves forward with sanctions against Iran. Iran certainly is more dangerous than Iraq ever was. They now possess the "atom." We just must make sure they can't refine that atom further and then attach it to missile. To me the options are obvious, Bush must take direct action, along with the United Nations, to shut down Iran's nuclear program (I didn't say invade). I am talking about airstrikes against the facilities where uranium is being enriched. These attacks can take place from naval ships in the Persian Gulf and from B-52 bombers way overhead. Sure, this will piss someone off, but I think we will all be pissed off when Iran nukes Israel or China.

As for Israel, I am not sure what Ahmadinejad's motivation is for attacking Israel verbally. I believe it is a way to somehow create support for Iran with other Muslim nations. I believe, if anything, such rhetoric only serves to distance other Muslim nations from Iran. Today, the president of Palenstine stated that Hamas-led government should recognize Israel as an authentic nation. Iran has always been the ugly duckling of the Muslim nations. It is primarily Shi'ite in its worship of Allah. I believe other Muslim nations are wary of the Ayatollah, who is the "bigwig" of Iran's theocracy.

Basically, Iran is cruising for a bruising. It will simply take a concise aerial strike of Iran's nuclear facilities. That's all! We can leave the Iranians to be in charge of their own government. Of course, we can keep a closer eye on them and make sure they tow the line, or risk another strike.

Simply, Iran cannot be allowed to possess and utilize nuclear energy and technology!

No comments: