Sunday, April 23, 2006

McKinney should pack up

We've heard a lot about US Representative Cynthia McKinney in the news lately. Even though she is a fellow Democrat, I believe her theatrics are more appropriate for the other side of the aisle.

First, she punched a Capitol Policeman, who was only doing his duty. They tried to play the race card, but I'm afraid we are all tired of that card being played. If I was a member of Congress, I would wear my lapel pin, or be willing to identify myself to the security that helps me secure and alive. I think that is common sense. I won't feel like I am being profiled, or other nonsense like that.

Second, she has now called one of her interns as "a fool."

This year is all about elections, especially for the House of Representatives. I believe Representative McKinney (D-GA) must remove her name from the ballot on the Democratic ticket. She must endorse a fellow Democrat to take her spot. There is simply too much baggage attached to this person. I suppose we will wait and see what the people of Georgia's 4th Congressional district will do. After all, it's their decision.

I just hate to see Democrats suffer at this time of great opportunity. Personally, I'm looking forward to a Democrat controlled Congress in January 2007!

No comments: