Today, at the BP, I paid $2.95/gallon for premium gas. How rude!
In other news, last week it was revealed that ExxonMobil is now the NUMBER ONE corporation in the world for revenues over the past 12 months. It made $340,000,000,000 ($340 billion) in revenue! It beat Wal-Mart's $316,000,000,000 revenue, which took Wal-Mart from the top, where it has been for the past four years! Imagine someone taking the top seat away from Wal-Mart, I'm appalled. ExxonMobil made $147,000,000,000 more than General Motors (which is #3) in the same time period! So are we paying more for gas than the automobiles it goes in? Seems so!
Mostly I'm upset because ExxonMobil couldn't have done it without the inflated gas prices over the past 1.5 years. Our government has done nothing to halt this upward spiral from this unchecked monopoly.
Is it surprising that three out of the top 10 revenue making companies in the world last year are oil giants (ExxonMobil, $340bn; Chevron, $190bn; ConocoPhillips, $167bn)?
So in the past year, the three biggest oil companies made $697,000,000,000!!!!! That's almost $1,000,000,000,000 (one trillion dollars) split between three companies!
Now how much did ExxonMobil grow from 2004 to 2006, you ask? ExxonMobil's profits grew by 42.6%. I wonder how much its net revenues will total between now and 2007? From the rise in the price of gas lately, I'd bet on another 42.6%!
When will this greed and price gouging stop? When we decide that it will!
Somewhere in Saudi Arabia a sheik is happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment