Saturday, September 27, 2008

McCain, Obama: The First Debate

The first presidential debate of the 2008 season got off to a rocky start last night, considering many didn't know if Senator John McCain was going to be able to make it.

After McCain's political stunt to look super-presidential back-fired in his face, he decided that he should probably participate in the debate, which was held in Oxford, Mississippi. I'm not sure it was to Obama's credit, however.

John McCain, who is seemingly three days older than God, made Barack Obama look more than a little green, when it came to such things as foreign policy. Senator McCain dropped world leaders' names left and right, including his impressive collection of passport stamps, leaving Senator Obama appearing as if he is an amateur on foreign affairs.

I wonder which Democrat could have made McCain's resume seem a little less daunting? I can't think of anyone, can you? (Hint: Hillary Clinton.)

I'm afraid the Democratic contender for the White House, Barack Obama, who seems strong on domestic issues, comes up short on international affairs. That is something Senator Hillary Clinton had in abundance. (Yes, I am crying over spilled milk!)

No comments: