Even though, we have been instructed to support Barack Obama for president, Hillary Clinton's supporters (including me) are slowly, if ever, going to support Senator Obama's presidential bid.
It is interesting to note that many of Senator Clinton's major fundraisers are unwilling to throw their support behind Obama. I do think that was foreseen, however. I stated that I could not in good conscious support Obama for president, nor will I put any money into his campaign. I believe the 18 million supporters, which includes me, of Hillary Clinton need to make a stand against the sham of a primary election season that recently concluded.
Just like in 2000, we are left with a stolen election. We are a nation that allows the inner-workings of political parties decide how we will elect our candidates. Instead of having delegates and superdelegates, let's use a system where we say at the end of the primary season--after all the states and territories have voted--the candidate with the most votes wins. The same should be done for the general election. We live in a country with instantaneous mass media. We no longer require groups to make decisions for the masses.
In 2008, the Democratic Party will nominate the candidate who won less popular votes than his closest rival, who was Hillary Clinton. What can we say of our democracy?
No comments:
Post a Comment