Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I can decide for myself

Hillary Clinton won Indiana and Barack Obama won North Carolina. In that sense, yesterday's primaries were a draw between the two candidates; however, the media makes it out to be a death sentence for Hillary.

Why does North Carolina get to decide who is my president? Kentucky has a primary May 20. I am more than able to cast my own vote, thank you very much biased, Obama-loving media.

Today, I was pretty excited (along with the people to whom I was speaking) about the fact Kentucky will have a primary that will actually count. In fact, I said, "This is the first primary election in which Kentucky's voters matter!" (That I can recall, of course.) My friends were excited that the candidates would actually campaign here. It's different seeing them on television as compared to seeing them in person.

So, media, chill out! This primary season will be over in June. Let's not forget that Florida and Michigan must be seated at the convention, also. And we all know Hillary won both of those states. Will that change the dynamic of this primary season? I think so.

The media, once again, is down-playing Hillary Clinton's viability in this election. As far as I can tell, it's not over yet!

No comments: