Did you know (former) Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra got his master's degree from Eastern Kentucky University? I think that's pretty cool.
Recently, speculation has been growing that Prime Minister Thaksin knew of the coup d'ĂȘtat that swept him from office in advance of the event. He used his government aircraft to not only transport himself and his family to Finland, on government business, but it also carried numerous suitcases and trunks. In addition, days before the coup, he had another government plane to transport a large amount of personal cargo from Thailand to Europe. The press seems to be interested in this facet of events. I don't seem to understand their relevance. Of course, if I had fore-knowledge of a pending coup d'ĂȘtat, where I be swept from government office, I would get as much of my crap out of the country as possible! It's only human nature and a matter of survival. It is a certainty that Thaksin's remaining personal property and assets have been confiscated or frozen by the state.
DUH!
No comments:
Post a Comment