On Tuesday, the Pope made comments in his native Germany quoting a Byzantine emperor, that Islam was spread by the sword. Doesn't it say that in the Qu'ran? I am pretty sure that it does. What about jihad? It is the only religion that is spread through direct violence. It is the duty of every Muslim to convert, or kill, the non-believer. What did he say, exactly? "Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."
I do not believe the Pope chose the words of Emperor Manuel II Paleologus as a personal expression of his personal opinion of Muslims. Personally, I haven't even read the entire text of the Pope's speech.
One thing is for sure, Manuel II Paleologus may have been onto something....violence is the trademark of fundamental Islam! Name any other religion where someone insults the "head guy" and people start dying indiscriminately.
No comments:
Post a Comment