Friday, September 29, 2006

My Insanity

Today, I paid a visit to my doctor. Now, last time I went, I was suffering from some issues of depression and anxiety. The doctor gave me some Xanax. That stuff is pretty good, except it is like taking a sleeping pill. It really does alleviate many of the symptoms associated with anxiety. I guess I never realized it, but I do have anxiety. I am the type of person who is always on edge. I get so close to the that imaginary edge that I feel as if I am going insane. I feel the pressure inside of my chest and along the tips of my fingers. It is frightening. Xanax helps to calm my overactive imagination and my rampant and irrational thoughts. The visit today refilled my prescription of Xanax and added a new prescription drug for my anxiety. I wanted something more than simply controlling the immediate symptoms relating to anxiety. I need something which will work to divert, even eliminate, my symptoms of anxiety. The doctor gave me a prescription of BuSpar. According to the packaging, BuSpar works to control the chemical imbalances in my brain that precipitate my anxiety episodes. I hope the new drug works. It said it could take up to three weeks to fully kick into gear. It is unlike Xanax, which effects you can often feel within five minutes after taking the pill. I will still use Xanax, however, to control any immediate and overwhelming occurrences of anxiety. I am sure they will happen!!!

No comments: