It has now been 3 days since I last applied Mirvaso to my skin. As I outlined in my previous blog, my dermatologist prescribed Mirvaso for rosacea. Unfortunately, for my skin, it did the exact opposite. It works well when applied, but after about 10 hours it loses its effectiveness. At that point, I say hello to the redness.
Today, you would think, would be a normal day. It was not. Today was a bad day for my skin. After my lunch, my face began its transition from its everyday appearance into its new red version. It started with my nose. I didn't realize it was happening at the time. Someone commented that my nose looked really red! I looked in the mirror and I could have been Rudolph's twin nosed brother. It was glowing, and yes, I mean glowing! My nose has never done that before. Then, if that wasn't bad enough, it began to spread to my cheeks. My nose turned to its normal color as my cheeks lit up. By the end of the work day, I was no longer Rudolph, but Bashful, from the Seven Dwarfs. (To tell you the truth, I think I had bashful beat, because my cheeks were rocking a full flush.)
Yes, people laughed at me. I heard comments like "Are you feeling bad?" "Do you have a fever?" "Ohmygosh, what is wrong with you?!" I was almost tempted to put the gel on my face to get the redness gone, but I resisted the temptation, and accepted the unsolicited ridicule that it brought.
So, it wasn't awkward at all. Thanks, Mirvaso.
As I write this entry, My nose is red, my jaw-line on the right side of my face is scarlet, but the middle of my cheek is pale white. It would make the birthmark on Mikhail Gorbachev's head jealous. If someone saw me right now, they would think I am a burn victim. My left cheek is its normal color at this time. It's cool to the touch, and the right is burning up. Is that normal?
I am thankful that it is the weekend. It is my sincerest hope that it will subside shortly. I don't know why the effects of this medication are lasting so long. I would have thought it would wear off by now. My body is on overdrive, it would seem. I'm not sure if this is an allergic reaction or just a symptom of withdrawal. I was just on the stuff for about a week! It's a topical gel, not cocaine. I think the FDA has a website for reporting adverse drug reactions. I may go there, because people need to know this stuff isn't benign. I'm sure many people use it without a reaction, but I'm in the minority (as usual).
As for pictures, I will probably take some for my dermatologist so she can have a reference for what I am currently going through. If it isn't better by Monday, I will have to call or go back to the dermatologist's office, because I can't function in this condition.
I think Galderma markets this drug as Onreltea in Canada.
No comments:
Post a Comment