Last night marked the first time I have tuned into NBC's Saturday Night Live program in what is surely years. And, I only tuned in to see the much talked about former Golden Girl herself, Betty White.
While she publicized the fact she is 88-and-half years old throughout the program, she was witty and devilishly delicious with her running grandmother-inappropriate banter and gags. She made fun of her generation, by saying if she wanted to connect with her friends, she'd have more luck with a Ouija board than Facebook.
It was truly an honor to see Betty White doing what she does best, which is making people laugh. She has a way about her that makes her appear quite benevolent, but what you find is a moist and decadently malevolent muffin. (Yet, another reference to a joke from the program.)
So, to Betty White, thank you for being a friend. I've been down that road with you many times in the past, as a loyal Golden Girls fan (I've only seen every episode a hundred times and each time they get better).
No comments:
Post a Comment