The due administration of justice is the firmest pillar of good Government.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Hillary moves Texas, and Me
The Democratic debate, on CNN, was rather typical until the very end. As predicted, Hillary won points for her healthcare plan. Again, Obama only blubbered through his response, and at times I'm not sure what he was even talking about. I even found myself comparing his debate style with George W. Bush. He is always long-winded when he's not sure of what he thinks he should be saying. But the best part was at the end, when Hillary got the final word and the ONLY standing ovation of the debate.
Senator Clinton laid it all on the line. She gave Texas, and America, a very graphic portrait of what this election is all about, as she described visiting a veterans hospital, along with Senator McCain, in Texas. As she very eloquently and emotionally described seeing the disabled soldiers bravely coming out to greet the senators, I caught myself holding my breath and feeling my eyes well. In her very moving closing, she said that no matter who wins the Democratic nomination, the lives of real Americans are what this thirteen month long national debate has been about all along. That was that.
I think Obama wanted to put in a word--or he wanted to take a break from Hillary's new momentum--but he was shut out by the standing ovation that the crowd gave Hillary. And the debate ended there on such a grand, eloquent note.
I am proud to support Hillary Clinton for president.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment