Monday, November 06, 2006

Stars gonna shine

I got my first call tonight. It was a recording for a candidate running for the Kentucky Court of Appeals. Every star is shining tonight...it's the last night for a national election.

I believe it is disgusting that judges are required to stand before the electorate. They should be protected from elections, like those judges in the federal judiciary. People are ignorant and fickle, that's why. Yes, I said it.

I want a judge that isn't worrying about his/her next election. They need to be worried about dispensing justice according to the letter of the law. They can't be worried about abortion and gay rights. The law is the law. Elections are conducted as a means for the electorate to change laws, not influence judges.

I wonder how many miles have been put on Air Force One today? I saw George Bush in states all over--just today! He got snubbed in Florida, because even conservative Republicans can't afford to be seen with him in public. Republican candidate for Florida governor, Charlie Crist, snubbed Bush, who was campaigning for him in the conservative Panhandle. I saw on the CBS Evening News (yes, the one with Katie Couric), that Bush is only campaigning in solidly conservative areas of states. Why? He's worried he'll get his feelings hurt if his sycophants aren't around to keep him smiling. That just seems a bit redundant, considering traditionally conservative areas will vote conservative even if Lucifer is the Republican candidate; subsequently, he is in most cases.

In Kentucky, twenty-four hours from now, we will know the verdict for some candidates, at least.

I'll be there!

No comments: