Democracy is the thing we all love to hate, but we embrace it. It takes everything from us, but seldom returns anything beyond a slap in the face.
Of course, today, I voted. I would feel very bad if I didn't. Besides, it is my right, and I am all about my rights. The only thing that upset me is that several candidates on the Republican side of the ballot were running without opposition. That is not democracy. That is how they voted in the former Soviet Union. You had one candidate and then everyone voted for that person. Suddenly, that lone candidate had the mandate of the people to legislate. In our form of representative democracy, we should always have two evils to choose from at all times. I would have thrown my name on there, if I could have won the race. I don't deal well with losses.
One hour to go until we find out some results.
No comments:
Post a Comment