Saturday, October 28, 2006

You don't own me...or do you?

The prime minister of Iraq, Nuri al-Maliki, told Washington that it did not own him. I say that is a genuine call for independence by the Iraqi leader; however, I disagree with his assessment of the situation. The United States does, indeed, own him.

Without the United States there would be Saddam Hussein. With Saddam Hussein there would be no modern day Iraq. Now, I believe Iraq was a thousand times more prosperous--not to mention stable--under the watchful eyes of Saddam; however, we must live with the current situation and embrace it fully to take Iraq into the future...whatever it may be.

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki is a puppet of the Bush Administration. He may sound tough and independent, but when his Washington-master comes to call, he stands, begs, rolls-over, fetches, and shakes hands, like the good lap dog he is.

So he can muzzle his rhetoric. We aren't buying it!

No comments: