Thursday, December 29, 2005

Neal Boortz

Okay, so I'm driving down I-75 today and I tune in to this Knoxville station that was spewing this conservative, neo-Nazi propaganda, so I had to listen...for a bit, at least.

This guy's show, The Neal Boortz Show, is unlike anything I've ever heard in the United States. At first, I thought he was just your run-of-the-mill conservative who was ragging on the liberals. Boy was I wrong!

This show was more than gross. It filled my car and soul with hate and dread. I eventually had to turn it off, especially after the host (who wasn't Neal Boortz today, but I've heard him rant previously) advocated the use of nuclear weapons against terrorists. Further, he went on about how great the United States was for its use of the atom bomb which killed hundreds-of-thousands of innocent Japanese civilians just to "teach" the Japanese government a lesson during WWII (this is his joy in life).

I came home and found out how to spell "Boortz" by using my old friend Google. I found out he isn't a conservative, or even Republican, at all, he's a Libertarian. Libertarian, from Boortz's point-of-view, is one step from hoarding assault rifles and ammunition in a small cabin in Montana! It really made me feel thankful that conservatives are the majority sitting on the other side of the fence from me, not this freak! He's 100+ miles out of the American main-stream.

Here's the insanity I heard espoused on this talk radio show in a five minute--or so--timespan.
  1. As I stated before, the approval of using nuclear weapons to solve our differences. (Sounds like instead of trying to solve issues in a constructive manner, we should just say "to hell" with everyone else and just nuke them.)
  2. Executions should be put on "primetime" television for everyone to see. In fact, it sounded like this should be required viewing for all good and decent Americans. To make it worse, he said Americans should use a lottery system to see who gets to pull the switch and light the poor son-of-a-bitch up. This would be an excellent deterrent to crime in the United States, according to the show. I'm sorry, but that is just sad, which only shows deeper psychological issues for this man, simply based on his views. The death penalty is something to be loathed and ashamed of--a true relic of the past, which must, and will, be abolished in our nation.
  3. The use of a "secret" police and military forces which will infiltrate our enemies and destroy them without regard to civilians. Not only was this to be used by American soldiers against foreign terrorists, but against the "bleeding heart liberals" in America who keep the military from doing its job. Sounds a bit too characteristic of Hitler's Gestalt staats-polizei (Gestapo). Someone didn't get enough hugs when he was younger!

The saddest part is people called in to this show and supported such bigotry and hate. I am 100% certain the only people who frequent such a show are bigots, wife-beaters, and those who truly hate America. It is a sad truth, but when you relish in others' misery and pain you are a heartless and cowardly person. It takes a GREATER American to stand up and question the direction of our government, to wit: military expansion and imperialism; rather than one who chooses to file behind a blood thirsty tyrant and accept things without question. America is an ideal, not an absolute. Its foundation is created on the blood, sweat and tears of people who made us truly great. It wasn't built on those who chose to take the easy road out, but rather on great patriots like Franklin, Jefferson, Washington, and Hamilton (just a small, small few) who decided not to stand behind a failing imperialistic policy of a benign dictator and blindly accept what what came their way. No, these patriots stood up and decided to fashion their own destiny without constraints and regard for precedent or what someone thought about them in Great Britain. They questioned their leaders and decided their answers, or lack thereof, had little merit, nor were they in the best interest of the Colonists. The moment we give over to the elite, or the mob, we cease to exist as the United States of America. We begin to unravel at our very fabric. Perhaps in the minds of people like Neal Boortz, our founders were cowards and should have been shot for not following the will of their king. Who knows, really?

It is scary to think radio stations would support such views and then broadcast them to the world! I am not a proponent of constraining the First Amendment, but such views and shows really make me take a hard and candid look at my beliefs in the freedom of speech, but in the end I will tolerate their right to say it; however, I will not condone it by listening!

No comments: