Saturday, December 17, 2005

Bush going to the House?

Today, King George conceded the fact that he authorized illegal covert wiretaps of American citizens, in the United States, by the National Security Agency.

It would seem he hopes his admission before a national audience will candy coat his misuse of his powers and otherwise illegal activity. I do not believe it will save him in the long run.

With that said, Bush has his strongest support among his lackeys in the United States House of Representatives. He even managed to pass through another abuse of power, the renewal of the Patriot USA Act, which isn't getting the same acclaims from his fellow Republicans in the US Senate. We can only hope the US House of Representatives, after the 2006 election, gets the balls to bring articles of impeachment against Bush. I hope they also take into account the screw-ups and other vices committed by the Bush Administration and decide to draft these articles early next year. (This may save their own faces before the American public come election day.)

I think I could live (for a while) in an America where Bush is not president, even if the Congress is a Republican majority, which is another sad state of affairs, but you can only fight one battle at a time successfully.

No comments: