I believe everyone (mostly) remembers the tsunami. I know that was over eight months ago, so it places a strain on the typical American to remember such great lengths of time. During this natural disaster, it was said the world would not forget. I believe that for the most part it has. I remember all of the relief efforts, but those are all now gone or quietly under the radar. There were governments all over the world that gave generously to help the survivors of this natural disaster, including the United States. There were gifts made by the private sector, including individual American citizens.
Today, we are faced with another similar crisis in our own backyard. There are hundreds-of-thousands of Americans displaced from their homes and communities because of last week's devastating category 5 hurricane, Katrina. I believe it is important that every American who can get involved in this relief effort. If it is from volunteering your time or simply making a monetary donation. Last night, I made my contribution by giving money to the relief efforts. Although, I cannot be there to help personally, I have given some of my personal resources to help the hungry and homeless people.
Everyone has a voice. Use it to help those less fortunate.
No comments:
Post a Comment