Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Iraq: An Islamic State

I want to say thank you to Democrats.com for having the guts to publish the truth about Iraq. I have said this earlier myself. All George Bush's little big war has done is take Iraq from one extreme and deliver it to the other extreme! Is this progress? As I said earlier, also, it is easier to contain the rhetoric of one man, but it is not so easy to contain the rhetoric of a religion that transcends borders and earthly realms!

Now Iran and Iraq can be friends, at last! Thanks George Bush for your leadership!

"Islam is the official religion of the state and is a basic source of legislation. No law can be passed that contradicts the undisputed rules of Islam."- Iraqi Constitution supported by Iran-backed Shiites and the Bush Administration (but opposed by Sunni leaders)

"Fortunately, after years of effort and expectations in Iraq, an Islamic state has come to power and the constitution has been established on the basis of Islamic precepts. We must congratulate the Iraqi people and authorities for this victory."- Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati, head of Iran's powerful ultra-conservative Guardian Council

No comments: