Monday, August 08, 2005

Gassy Gas

The price of gas is still going up. We are not up to $63+ a barrel! When will it ever stop? I will tell you.

Sure the United States utilizes 20 million barrels of crude on a day-to-day basis with the vast majority of it coming from foreign sources, but that doesn't mean we have to be at the mercy of our suppliers.

The U.S. has massive amounts of oil in reserve. I suggest that we release a percentage of this oil onto our market to complement our daily domestic production, which should drive down the price of oil on the market! I believe it will be a signal to foreign producers, such as Saudi Arabia, that without the American market they will lose massive amounts of profit. Currently, we have a president whose primary focus is large business, which includes the oil industry. We also find example-after-example of how the president has "special" connections to the Saudi royal family. How biased is that? So it is any wonder that the price of oil is skyrocketing on an almost daily basis with King George in the White House? I think not!

No comments: