Monday, May 13, 2013

Adderall at Betty Ford

I think the very definition of an addiction is a psychological and/or physiological inability to function without a chemical (i.e., drug).

So, if I cannot go to rehab for 90-days without my Adderall (amphetamine salts), then that may point to a larger problem. I sometimes suffer from attention deficit disorder, but that is hardly a reason for me to start taking Adderall.

With that said, there may come a day when I am sent to rehab for a few of my addictions, but I doubt that I can find a facility to accommodate my other addictions, while I'm attempting to kick-the-bucket on another one!

I wonder how my Betty Ford conversation would go?

"Hi. Yes, I'm calling about one of your dependency programs. I have a problem with alcohol. But here's the thing: If I can't double my dose of Xanax to get off of alcohol, then I can't use your facility's program. Oh, really? So, you're saying I can't take Xanax while in rehab. Hmm? That's strange, because it looks like to me you could use one drug problem to help you with another drug problem. Good-bye!"

Bottom line: Unless I can drink alcohol while I'm weaning off of my Xanax, or vice-versa, then I'm not going to rehab.

Sorry. Case closed.

No comments: