Saturday, September 03, 2011

Sinus & Allergies

I spent part of today at the doctor's office. My allergies have been killing me this season. I usually can control them with Zyrtec or Allegra and a little Flonase, but not this time. In fact, it had escalated--like things often do--into a sinus and lung infection.

I received two shots in the butt: Rocephin and Decadron. Also, prescriptions for Cipro, Prednisone and Singulair. I felt like I could run a mile shortly after receiving my Decadron injection! There's nothing like a steroid to take you out of a funk.

I was also quite surprised when my opinion was sought on my preference for an oral antibiotic. I was asked how I liked the infamous Z-Pack. I said, "No way!" Usually, I have to bring up that conversation. I just don't care for it. So I opted for Cipro. I don't know why some doctors see azithromycin as the cure all for all ailments. One day I'll be diagnosed with AIDS or cancer and the doctor will put me on a Z-Pack!

Seriously!

No comments: