After being on Accutane for over half of a year now, I am happy to report that my skin is acne free! My skin feels reborn. The only thing now to work on is the hyperpigmentation of former blemishes. I have been using a 5% glycolic facial wash, by DDF, which is really nice. Even though, my skin is blemish free, I still take 40mg of Accutane three to four times a week. Before, I was taking it daily (sometimes twice daily). It is a good maintenance program for me at this time. Of course, I will endeavor to wean myself completely from the drug in the coming months; even though, my dermatologist informed me that she takes 40mg once a week. She said it keeps collagen built up in her skin; I agree.
I did bloodwork on Friday, and I have an appointment with my dermatologist on Tuesday. I hope everything is a-ok!
No comments:
Post a Comment